Every piece of leather in our gear is carefully chosen to ensure premium quality and maximum strength.
Since leather is a natural material it will require some care over time to keep its natural qualities and stay strong without drying out.
There are a lot of products on the market to chose from when it comes to conditioning your leather, we recommend using Crud leather wax for our leather products. This is a proven leather conditiones with great qualities that will keep your leather in good shape for a long time, and remember a little balm goes a long way.
Waxed canvas gear can be used for years without any washing or cleaning.
If you feel that the time has come to give your canvas bag or backpack a clean, there is a right way and many wrong ways of doing it.
If dirty, gently brush off any excess dirt with a soft brush. Dip a sponge or clean rag in cold clean water and gently rub off any remaining dirt off the canvas.
Rinse with cold clean water and hang dry.
Do not use any soap or detergents as this will ruin the waxed surface and invalidate your warranty.
Waxed canvas will not handle machine washing, dry cleaning or tumbeling which will lead to it losing its character and water repelling abilities.
Wool is a fantastic material with natural bacterial and dirt resistance, therefore, wool does not need to be washed after every use. Frequent washing has a negative effect on the wool’s properties and unnecessarily wears down the garment. Instead, air your wool garments to reduce your water usage, save energy and make your garments last longer.
- Use a washing bag to protect your garments and to prevent fibers from leaking.
- Machine wash cold, preferably with a wool program.
- If you can, use wool detergents. Otherwise use mild, environmentally certified detergents and make sure to use the right dose. Select a detergent that has a neutral pH and no enzymes.
- Avoid bleach and alkaline substances that raise the pH value. Also avoid enzymes such as protease or amylase since these can break down wool, which give this material its natural performance properties.
- Avoid fabric softeners. Besides being harmful for our environment, they have a negative impact on the garment performance, mainly moisture transportation and breathability.
- Do not dry in tumble dryer.
- Shape the garment after washing and lay flat to dry.